|Photo courtesy of morguefile.com and Cohdra|
Turn into a grumpy, starving Snickers scarfing Joe Pesci or eating some fast food?
Eat fast food.
Food is a basic necessity of life. If the choice is starvation or poor nutrition and processed food; take the latter.
Reminder: Starvation is NOT "I can't wait 30 minutes until I get home for a snack or dinner."
If you must eat fast food, here's what to do.
Emergencies only. Don't call 9-1-1 for directions. Don't eat fast food unless you must. A majority of 'emergencies' can be prevented with proper planning.
- Pack snacks for road trips and airport travel
- Keep something in the car
- Eat before you go
Simplify. Big order = big bad health. I don't mean ordering seven things because you have a car full of six kids and a dog. I mean a double patty plus large fries and a bucket for soda. When 'fast fooding' remember less is more.
- Order items instead of meals
- Grilled beats fried and breaded any day
- Seek out items you can name and count all the ingredients
- Minus cheese and sauce, please (Don't worry they're both fake anyways.)
- Dressing on the side or not at all
- Skip the soda and replace with water
- Grab produce from a grocery store instead of snack from a gas station
- Find small, fresh options to tackle hunger
What healthier fast food options have you discovered?